Thank you for your interest in the Associated Students of Grossmont College (ASGC). Your participation is likely to be one of the most incredible involvement opportunities, as well as beneficial to your personal growth while benefiting the students you will serve. The commitment is well worth it. For you will gain insight to the inner-workings of the college and district, and become a well-rounded student, while helping others. Each board member represents 1,000 students enrolled, so your representation is important. In an effort to continually involve students, we accept applications throughout the year. The ASGC Board Meetings are held every Tuesday and the Finance meetings are held every Thursday during the fall and spring semesters, from 8:00am to 9:20am in the ASGC board room. Meetings are open to all students; please come visit us and see what we are about! Strengthen your personal bond with Grossmont and make a difference today. Your experience, unique background, and interest will go far to make Grossmont College a better place.
ASGC Board of Directors Responsibilities:
- The Board of Directors shall consist of one person, representing the interests of every one thousand (1,000) students officially enrolled as of the most recent census week prior to the ASGC election and one (1) additional member of any remaining number of students over five-hundred (500).
- Stay informed of national, state, regional and local legislation which may be of concern to students.
- Maintain, revise, and comply with the ASGC Constitution and Policies.
- Attend, and be on time, for all regular and special meetings of the Board.
- In collaboration with the ASGC President, establish, plan, and implement ASGC goals for each semester.
- Establish and implement programs which support the basic objectives and policies of the ASGC.
- Approve all ASGC financial transactions.
- Attend at least two (2) District Governing Board meetings within the term of office, one (1) per semester.
- Serve as a member of at least one (1) standing or ad hoc ASGC committee.
- Serve as a member of at least two (2) standing participatory governance committees.
- Serve a minimum of four (4) office hours per week in the ASGC Office, with one (1) hour served at the ASGC Office Front Desk.